Saturday, April 10, 2010

肠粉II号-25

went to Aintree Racecourse at Liverpool to work for Totepool for 3 days
8th April-10 April 2010, The John Smith's Grand National

*we are totepool, not totesport*
*we are pool betting*

a lot a lot of people mixed with totepool with totesport
and therefore, a lot of problems happened
a lot customers said we didn't pay out the right money for them!
and then we have to tell them " we are totepool, not totesport...blablabla"

3 days 2 nights
sure accommodation is provided
breakfast and dinner as well
lunch?? take from breakfast...XD
so everything was free...=D

this is the hotel we stayed
Wigan Oak Hotel
okok la...acceptable
the room was clean even though the hotel is a bit old
*just a...bit...XD*
but for other staffs *from other places*, their place seems like nicer...hmmm
anyway, I am glad that I am able to stay in hotel and not caravan *@dominicwei* XD
opps, forgot about something
the restaurant in the hotel not very good la...
the foods soso...the service...hmmm...a bit kelam kabut la them
add oil!!!

everyday have to wake up at 7.30am
8.30am done and go down to have our breakfast
then 9.30am ciao to this place...


Aintree Racecourse


saw a drag queen...super funny...
"driving" around with the fake music-fixed piano
"she" was entertaining aka kacau everyone and even stop down to let photographer take a shot of "her"
*paiseh, the picture were a bit small =P*

a lady was trying to put her "flower pot" on head

the second day was the ladies day
every lady tried to dress up as exaggerate yet beautiful as possible
the make up as heavy yet pretty as possible
in order to win "The Best Outfit" award *or something like that*

working in Liverpool was so "horrible"
the way they talk was so...hard to listen and funny? =P
*ok la...my English is funny too...but the reason I feel their English is quite funny is because they way they talk is about the same as...*no offence* super duper Indian slang that type? If anyone of you want me to imitate the way they talk, just tell me, I will "show" you la...=P*

the seniors told us
if we are able to handle the situations in Aintree
surely we can handle everything in other racecourses
*I was like...wow!!! means I will be expert after this? expert in...listening??? =P nooo...still got more to learn =)*

anyway...
I won 25pounds Marks and Spencer voucher!!! *only 4 staffs were chosen* proud!!!
because I gave good services to customers =D, worked in professional way * I feel I am not*, good smiles =), and...forgot...XD *the supervisor explained why I was the one face-to-face but I forgot...XD*
anyway, I feel shocked O.O when the supervisor gave me the voucher
and my tear was coming out when all the staffs clapping hands and said well done!!!
*some pronounced my name as PieMan again XD*
I sms-ed my sister and told her the good news *my tears almost came out again*
she was so happy for me as well
and told me that today is the baby's full month!!!
*opps, actually I didn't know his name yet!!! omg*

even though this award is not something BIG
but it gave me confidence and encouragement and support and...whatever good la...=D
honestly I really didn't expect that I will get the award
Felicia told me maybe because yesterday I donate a pound to a charity? =P I think so =D
anyway, really really really thank you for the supervisors
I more and more love to work for totepool now
not because I got the award but there got a lot of super nice and friendly and helpful staffs and supervisors and managers...=D
terima kasih very much...=D


talaaa...my voucher...=D
going to spend all on foods...=D

ok...
at the end of the meeting...
I took a picture of the super messy dirty rubbish-every where "pale" racecourse look

see...
super dirty, rubbish every where, floor sticky sticky...=S
besides, all the drunkard walk senget senget...peeing every where...hmm
this is the scene you will be seeing after any meeting or festival in the racecourses

that is the end of the day
the racecourse will be back to the silent mode again
=)
waiting for the next job offer!!! =D

2 comments: