Thursday, October 14, 2010

肠粉II号-69

Rethymno-Heraklion-Athens 1
HALO!!!!
I came back from Greece already
many things to blog
Should have bring my laptop
or write down the main points of "happened-of-the-day"
=/
hopefully I didnt miss out everything la...
ok... start now

3rd Oct 2010

before leaving the house
ahhh~ remember its K's birthday
10.10.10, the special day!!!
wished him before we leave and I am the first one!!! :D
then started to walk out to New Street station lo
taking 9pm something train to London Euston (then walk to St. Pancras, then take another train to Gatwick (2:21am reach))
Flight was on 6am something...

the weather was sooo cold...but nevermind
ohya, Felicia and I pre-made some pita bread to eat...in case hungry~

reach New Street, took the tickets, get on to the train, 2 hours something to reach Euston
makan and sleep,
the people sitting behind me, I think his baju busuk
smelly the whole journey, but he get down to the train earlier than me la...

ok, reach Euston
it was having little rain during that moment
took out my pre-print screened google map to St Pancras (I already topped up my phone for free internet but couldn't get connected =/ )
but it couldn't show me where am I facing!
both of us doesn't know whether we should walk left or right
but at the end, yaaa...walked to the wrong direction, under the rain...=(
but nvm lo...faster turn back and walk again
about 10-13 mins reach King Cross
(I thought King Cross and St. Pancras are the exactly same station and under the same building but not! they are in different building...King Cross is for tube stations and St. Pancras is for trains...stupiak me)
actually we can take tube from Euston to St. Pancras
but tube was having strike on that day, all stations closed
but also, we were reaching at the mid-night...all stations closed edy la...
so we tanyak tanyak and walked to St. Pancras again, under the rain...
(just beside the King Cross station building...1 minute walk away)

found our platform
and wait for the train...
supposed we are meeting HuiBee there geh
but she took the wrong-earlier train and reach St. Pancras earlier
then she took the earlier train to Gatwick lo
(BeePeng was the first one to reach Gatwick)

bad weather...=/ make me have to walk under the rain

reach Gatwick!
found HuiBee and BeePeng
they were playing cards
and both of us joined in!!!
HuiBee taught us how to play Bridge
it was quite complicated initially
but I was able to play it at the end!
even though I am not as expert as HuiBee
who already got level 80+ or higher in Viwawa...(isit?) (tat crazy Bridge-addicted) xD
playing while waiting for check in

ok, its time to check in
HuiBee brought the big luggage (even though its that super big one)
we put Maggiesss, shower gel and shampoo all liquid stuff inside
senang~
ohya...for easyjet (I am not sure about other airlines)
the weight you can bring for check in luggage is 32kg!!!
if you "buy" for 2 check in luggages is 64kg
but when you "buy" for 4 check in luggages is 80kg (I am not sure about 3 luggages)
they will total up the weight if you have 2 or more luggages to check in
so actually, if you are travelling with another 3 persons (like me~)
just check in one luggage is enough la...
can share share the weight and money~
just occasionally share share take the big luggage la...
while HuiBee check in her luggage, it was 19+ kg nia...(but when we come back, it was 15+ kg NIA!)

I bought a hand luggage, ngam ngam size
but takut its a bit too long for the standard size
but no~ its ngam ngam hou...:D
(the standard hand luggage size for easyjet is 56cm x 45cm x 25cm)

la~la~
checked in
walked through the security thingy
found a place to sit and sleep and walk
(took a picture of HuiBee sleeping, but not in my camera, upload when I got it xD)
times up!
boarding~
flew to Crete luuu~ (we went to Crete first, then only took ferry to Athens)
it took 4 hours for us to reach Heraklion, Crete
and the time there is 2 hours later than UK time

Heraklion, Crete International Airport (took this picture from the Web, didn't take a picture of this airport as we were busy dealing with the taxi lou there!!!)

(to be continue, day one haven't finish one o!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment