Thursday, October 14, 2010

肠粉II号-70

Rethymno-Heraklion-Athens 2

continue~

reach Heraklion, Crete airport
looking for bus to Heraklion centre to take bus to Rethymno
we were approached by a lot of taxi lou...=/

before I continue the story
I would like to talk about this
when I was doing this pre-trip research
a lot of reviews and recommends asked us to take taxi
as their taxi rate there are very cheap, the cheapest in Europe

since I read all these, I thought we can just take taxi to our hotel straight lo
as from Heraklion to Rethymno is 1 hr plus distance
and we roughly checked the price from Heraklion to Rethymno already
its around 60+ euro, means 4 of us is around 10+ (plus luggages)

the bus fare I found is 6.90 euro per person for one journey
so maybe take taxi, which can arrive to our hotel straightly is a better choice

BUT!!!
the taxi lous said 100 Euro for us to reach our hotel
what the duttt...its far more expensive than what I thought
then we tried to ignore him and then another taxi lou came and said 80 Euro
then he explained,
from the airport to town centre is few Euro,
then from centre to Rethymno is about 10+ Euro
overall you will be spending 20+ Euro and 3 hours
so overall better take taxi as you will be saving your time and money!

when he said this,
I do believe that from airport to centre might take few Euro
but from centre to Rethymno impossible take 10+ Euro as I already do this research
I believe on myself and just ignore them
but they still persuade us to take taxi
tapi we just walk away la...

then they 3rd taxi lou approached us
HuiBee asked how to get to Rethymno
then the taxi lou explained in a bit more detail
first, take blue bus to centre which cost you 2 Euro
then take green bus to Rethymno which cost you 12 Euro
but by his taxi, will only cost us 80 Euro, and reach in 1 hour time

we said no, thanks for your information
same, he still persuading us...blablabla...
and we just walk away

surprisingly,
the bus from airport to centre only cost 0.90 Euro!
not like what the taxi lous said 2 - few Euro...
so we decided to take bus, and not the bloody taxi...=/

*the uncle who selling bus ticket not very friendly but I forgive him because I think he not really understand what are we talking about (as we were asking which bus we should take), luckily got another guy came and told us that he will tell us when the bus is here BUT a drama happenedddd..........

BeePeng took out her 10 Euro to pay for the ticket
but I said I got 5 Euro so I pay la
but the guy like trying to "rampas" the 10 Euro note from us
and HuiBee faster catch and "rampas" back the money from the guy
at the end she able to take back the money
and I paid 5 Euro to him la
eeee...takut takut...

ok
got onto the bus
and then...we sesak...as we doesn't know where to stop
ATTENTION: the information found from the official Greece bus website is very not clear, so read my blog to get more information la...xD

as what I found is we have to stop at Bus Station A to get the bus to Rethymno
but it is actually wrong
you have to take the bus to Rethymno from Bus Terminal
so once you get onto the bus from airport, ask them to drop you at Bus Terminal
then you will know your way to buy your bus ticket to other places in Crete
(I am not sure if the bus from airport will terminate at the Bus Terminal as we stopped somewhere else and walked to there)

the story in between=
as we doesn't know where we should stop
so we ask the people in the bus lo
there were one old couple, but they not sure where to stop also
and then we asked another lady
she asked us to stop somewhere, but the bus didn't turn inside (there is actually the Bus Terminal)
so she asked us to stop at the next stop

get down from the bus
asked for direction
then couldn't find the way
went into a very nice hotel and ask (and took a map)
yun loi the Bus Terminal is behind the hotel
talaa~ we reached!!!!

and, the bus ticket is only 6.90 Euro
like what I search la
again, the taxi lous xxxx =/

took 1.5 hours and finally reach Rethymno

pictures took on the bus from Heraklion to Rethymno





when I was doing research from Thomson, the people there told me, if you saw a black box beside the road, means there was an accident happened before...so if you saw a lot of black box beside the road, means you must be more alert and careful when you drive!

and ya, the drivers in Greece are super rude and here and there
a bit like Malaysian drivers
but maybe worst than Malaysia one!
some more they drive on the left
I went there for 9 days and still unable to get used to their way to cross the road
even though the traffic light showed you may cross now but still got car will drive through your way!
=/
and I feel driving in Greece is not recommended la
but some of the people recommend us to rent a car and drive there
but still, I wouldn't take the risk la
I would rather take bus and spend one whole day in one attraction

ohya, quite seldom will see police walking around one lo
and I feel a bit insecure there...

we reach Rethymno already~
decided to walk to our hotel with the map I draw from Google Map
and HERE!!!!!!!!
I am very dissapointed with Google Map
exactly the same address
but it showed me the different place =/
the "destination" I searched from Google Map was about 1km away from the real destination!
no choice
after walked some "yuan wang lu" and we doesn't know how to walk to our hotel at all
decided to take taxi to our hotel
5 Euro for 4 of us, acceptable and reasonable, 1.25 Euro for each of us
get onto the taxi and go
reach out hotel,

Aloe Apartment
the interior pictures will be uploaded somewhere la
because I didn't take the photo of them
but anyway, we were able to see the beach at our side balcony!!!
nice apartment
the service is superb!!!
the receptionist drove us to bus station at the day we check out!!!
the a little weird is
we called him when we were lost
and he told us the way to hotel
and our room number
and the key is on the door
as he will be away when we reach
=.=
and the blanket a little bit dirty
and the bath tub is a little bit dirty
and the floor a little bit dusty (maybe because we near to the beach)
and nothing else we can complain la


asked for restaurant recommendations
change baju and went to have dinner, walk walk around
first day finish~




No comments:

Post a Comment